Prof. M D Nanjunda is a Best Teacher National Awardee, which was conferred by the President of India Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam, in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the field of education in 2006. He has diverse academic accomplishments as he holds M.A , B.Ed , B.P.Ed , L.L.B degrees and also a Professional Doctorate in Management (PDM). He worked as a Professor in M.G.M. College, Udupi for more than 20 years. Later, he initiated and developed two Residential Public Schools namely Sharada Residential School, Udupi sponsored by Dr.T M A Pai Foundation, Manipal and Coorg Public School, Gonikoppal, Kodagu. His successful career as a Principal for over 20 years has been recognized by all concerned. He has created unparalleled reputation with his teaching and Administrative skills among his students, parents and well wishers. He is a committed educationist with absolute involvement in Teaching-Learning process.
He is a recipient of many Awards in recognition of his distinguished services in the field of education. To mention a few,
- Honorary fellowship from Academy of General Education,
- Manipal.Social Responsibility Award presented by Hon’ble Governor of Karnataka.
- Republic Day Award and Kannada Rajyothsava Award from Kodagu District.
- Outstanding State President of India – by Indian Junior Chamber International.
- Outstanding National Trainer Award – Indian Junior Chamber International.
- International School Award from British Council.
He is a Trainer in Individual Development programmes and has conducted over 1000 Training programmes for various target groups. He is an advisor to many Residential Schools in Karnataka.